Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the sport. Really low kms lots and lots of add ons on this bike.
Would really like to restore some of the fading 0n the plastic body parts but dont want to do the wrong thing.
Any help would be appreciated to turn the pink red again.

·
Registered
324 Posts
If the plastic if faded from ultraviolet light, I don't think that you can do anything to bring it back. You may need to replace it, or at least paint it. I don't think that paint works well long term, though. At least not in my experience, or to my own satisfaction.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
welcome to the forums. 2011 with faded plastics ?, wow, they leave it out in the sun year round ?..lol. a few use heat guns, and a few other things ?, me ?, if they are faded and cracked ?, I just buy new, IF THEY ARE STILL AROUND ?!..LOL.

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Vinyl Kit from American Racing Graphics, covers almost all of the Plastic, and.....I know they carry the kit for that particular year. In fact from '07-'13. About $170 and some time. Make sure you also order the clear plastic primer and brush onto the surface before applying. Beats having to replace the plastic and or paint.

https://www.amrracing.com/catalog/a...rancher-at-atv-graphic-kit-2007-2013-444.html

If you look below the designs that come up on the top it give examples of all the different patterns they offer showing the side panel, a lot of different designs, some I'm not to thrilled about but does give you some varying options. Mine is Fire Camo, I chose that because it was mostly red, the Carbon X has a lot of Red in it as well. Good Luck on whatever you decide to do.

Might be worth a look. FF

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts