Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Decided to go with the yfz shocks instead of 450r. Very happy with the swap. Mod was easy grinder and 2 cutoff wheels. Let me know what you think or have any questions.

The performance gain is exponential, never bottoming out, decent jumps pegged in fourth landing is so plush,more predictable going through woops not bucking like crazy, cornering is amazing,did a few endo's and I'm almost certin had I stockies would have ate it. couple clicks this way couple clikcs that way, makes so much of a difference, happy with with the current outcome.
Install info: Lost about 3/8 in initially, now after 2 1/2 weeks of riding ride height is very close to stock ...idk. I will be keeping an eye on this. Had to grind yfz shocks about 1/8 to 3/16 on each side , wish I could have milled it( If you have the means pay the extra 50$ and get them milled, I'm real nice with a grinder but machining would be so much better . Bolted bottom first and had to compress the shock a bit to fit into upper shock mount, we'll see how the ball joints hold up hopefully all stays well. I don't know about the geometry of the front end or this and that formula but well worth the money I paid. Would like to try out a 400 with 450r shocks just to see what all thats about.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Welcome to the forums. . . looks real good

·
Registered
202 Posts
I can't tell in the pics but what was the actual change in height? How's the ride? Looks awesome!

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts