Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Rancher ES
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 rancher Fourtrax, efi eps es, all the electrical crap, parked it for a week, and went to start it, and it just cranks away with a blinking (-). I have replaced the Gear Position sensor, fuel pump relay, cleaned the es motor, cleaned most of the connectors, and re soldered all the ignition switch wires and yes i have checked the fuses. I might be missing few things there but its been awhile. But the coil isnt firing, does have voltage at the coil, and the fuel pump isnt switching on. The PS light is flashing some codes.
Video Here-->
. If anyone has some ideas please let me know. Im about over this, i have at least 20 hours in troubleshooting in this f'ing thing...

·
Super Moderator
37,466 Posts
you will find better, smarter help here ---> www.atvhonda.com , member owned !. if you decide to join there ?, please post a thread in the new member section , tell us about yourself a tad !. ( yes..i am there as well ! ).

·
Registered
2010 Rancher ES
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2010 rancher Fourtrax, efi eps es, all the electrical crap, parked it for a week, and went to start it, and it just cranks away with a blinking (-). I have replaced the Gear Position sensor, fuel pump relay, cleaned the es motor, cleaned most of the connectors, and re soldered all the ignition switch wires and yes i have checked the fuses. I might be missing few things there but its been awhile. But the coil isnt firing, does have voltage at the coil, and the fuel pump isnt switching on. The PS light is flashing some codes.
Video Here--> Cant post first post. If anyone has some ideas please let me know. Im about over this, i have at least 20 hours in troubleshooting in this f'ing thing.

·
Registered
2010 Rancher ES
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Edit, there are no dtcs now. Just the flashing (-). Still has all the same symptoms though. Something changed in the last 2 years

·
Super Moderator
37,466 Posts
Edit, there are no dtcs now. Just the flashing (-). Still has all the same symptoms though. Something changed in the last 2 years
that line --> -- , when flashing..tells you the trouble code !.

·
Registered
2010 Rancher ES
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that line --> -- , when flashing..tells you the trouble code !.
There is no longer a pattern to it, it just blinks once every sec or so now, no variation. The only light that has ever flashed a pattern was the ps light, there is a video in the first line. 14, 31, 32, 24 were the codes if I got that right. But I let it sit for three years and now there is no pattern to anything. Do I need to make a jumper to put it in read mode? I remeber doing that before I think, got that out of the service manual. Sorry about the rambling, I am a bit tired. I can record a new video if I need. My guess is a bad computer at this point..

·
Super Moderator
37,466 Posts
There is no longer a pattern to it, it just blinks once every sec or so now, no variation. The only light that has ever flashed a pattern was the ps light, there is a video in the first line. 14, 31, 32, 24 were the codes if I got that right. But I let it sit for three years and now there is no pattern to anything. Do I need to make a jumper to put it in read mode? I remeber doing that before I think, got that out of the service manual. Sorry about the rambling, I am a bit tired. I can record a new video if I need. My guess is a bad computer at this point..
sorry, i'm not much for that model, atvhonda.com is where the very smart guys are at, and your already there I think, ask there please. I only come back here cuz I am a mod here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts