Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I’m having a issues with a 2010 trx420fm that will not start. I let the bike sit up with ethanol gas in it. I know dumb move. It will turn over and is firing but will not start. Also I can not hear the fuel pump come on when the key is first turned to the on position. I pulled the fuel pump and it is rough looking to say the least. I have ordered a new pump and fuel filter and all the clips and O rings. I also pulled the tank and found the valve and fuel gauge are shot. I have these in order as well. Are there any other things that I need to check or do other than cleaning the tank, the fuel filter housing, and replacing the pump and filter?

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like dogs more than cats that’s why I went with the scalded cat ha ha. Anyway it sat up for around three months and that was enough to kill it. I couldn’t imagine how much it would have been cost wise if I didn’t know a little about working on them. My kids were worrying me about getting it running and low and behold they turned it over on it’s side today. Everyone is ok just scared them more than anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
wcpierce62
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing