Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the oil in my 2008 Rincon tonight. I always have a hard time getting the oil level right where I want it and having to let it idle 5 mins then let sit for 2-3 mins each time to check the oil and it idled on and off for about an hour as I would add to much oil then suck to much oil back out through a long hose and so on so I could tell the engine was hot as the fan was kicking on and off quiet a bit then I noticed it was low on coolant so I added some to it. Well finally I got the oil level where I wanted it and was fixing to take it for a spin and I bumped the throttle for the first time after all that idling and it pop/Backfired real loud 1 time right between the 1st and 2nd quick throttle bump and run fine afterwards as I took it for a short spin at wot. It only has 258 miles on it and has never done this before. Does this sound like it might be a problem and any idea what caused it to do that? The Engine knocks kinda loud but the dealer said there was no problem with it last year as I took it to be checked out and valves done but Rincons are known for the loud noises so I have know idea what caused it!! THANKS!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The bike was really low on coolant you could barely see any in the tank and it was under the bottom hose of the tank and actually what got me looking at it was while I had the bike shut off checking the oil level I heard a growling noise that sounded like boiling water or air in water or something and then thats when I added coolant to it not sure where the coolant went as I haven't saw any leaking but where the coolant was so low could they have been air got in the system and make it pop like it did?

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
It may have just been a little hot where it was sitting idling, with the coolant low. If it runs good now and hasn't done it since, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Every 100 hrs they say your supposed to service your muffler for buildup from exhaust.. that might help with the backfiring

1 - 4 of 4 Posts