Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think I might have just bought one. :)

The guy won it in a raffle, it has 171 miles and 34 hours on it, and has been ridden in open fields, washed after every ride, and garage kept. Or, so the story goes. Oh, it has a 3000lb winch, too.

$5000.

I'm trying to arrange to go see it and pick it up on Friday, it's 2 hours away. He said he'd hold it for me if I commit to coming to look.

ADDED: Just made arrangements to meet him half way between here and there. We haven't exchanged money, but I think I got it. Here's the pics from craigslist.

I'm cautiously optimistic about it, and if I end up getting it I'll be totally stoked. I really wanted power steering for my wife. I wasn't really in the market to buy one right now, but sometimes when something falls in your lap you need to move on it.

I wanted a Green Rancher AT with PS, but I don't think I can complain. :happy:

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not a fall out your chair price, but if it were it wouldn't have lasted 4 days on craigslist before I saw it. It's a decent price, good enough to make me pull the trigger.

He was asking $5500 and I asked what his bottom line price was before I drove down to look, and he said 5k and he'd keep it until I could meet him and he'd meet me half way, so I thought it was fair.

We'll see.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Cool hope it works out!!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Sweet...sounds like you got a good deal. I'd have jumped on it.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just returned home with my new toy :icon_ banana:

The wife didn't ask for a divorce, so thats also cool. Pictures to follow tomorrow, I just got home and need a beer.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Congrats!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's a few pics. I have to run to get supplies before I go up to my property, but these pics will give an idea. It's got a few beauty marks and scuffs on the plastics, but that just saves me the trouble and the anquish of me doing them myself. :) The power steering is awesome, and it's so much smoother and quieter than my old beast. I guess they had 22 years to work out the kinks. ;)

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Great looking machine!!!

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Very nice, Those 4x4 machines sure are growing on me.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is my other new machine :) Didn't think it warranted a new thread, but I got this one last night. It's an 04 with 200 hours, 1877 miles, electric shift. I paid $2600.

The guy I bought it from got it in 2006 and he wrote down the hours and mileage it had when he bought it, and it had 173 hours and like 1820 miles. So, he's only put 27 hours and 50 miles on it in 3 years. He bought it from a dealer and they had just put new tires on it, so the tires only have 50 miles on them. The story from the dealer was that it was used by a farmer to drive back and forth the get his mail every day, which might explain the higher miles and low hours, but who knows.

I think I can get out of the 4 wheeler business now, as soon as I sell my 86 ;)

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Agree Congrats!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Damn...you have a couple nice rides there. Love the color.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Riding the 04 is like night and day over my 86, and then riding the 08 with power steering is like night and day over the 04.

All other machines I ever buy will have power steering. I couldn't afford another 'new' bike, else I would have gotten a rancher like yours but with power steering. I will wait a few years and find one used.

But for now, I'm hooked up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts