Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I'm new to ATVing, and just bought my first ATV yesterday. A 2008 Foreman, 2000 miles, 198 hours. Garage kept one owner 50 year old Dad owned it. Stock except for winch, plow, and aluminum front skid plate. After I got it to our cabin, I plowed the 4" of slush/snow off of the driveway. Then took off plow and headed out onto the trails on our property. 1st and 2nd gear, driving slowly through the woods when the electric fan turned on after about 1/2 mile of riding. 38 degrees outside. I was surprised the fan turned on. after searching this forum, all I see is people saying that their fan doesn't turn on very often. Now I'm thinking something might not be right. Question is, is this normal??? Thanks in advance, Don

· Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Sounds normal, you were working it hard plowing then went riding, i wouldnt worry about it.

· Registered
1,417 Posts
X2, I wouldn't worry about it either. My grizzly 450 fan turns on when plowing at times, even in single digit weather. And before I made my Rancher 400 fan manually switched, it would come on at times in the winter. Just keep a close eye on it during the summer, don't smoke your oil.

· Premium Member
38,589 Posts
agreed, normal. unless it stops coming on ?..then don't worry about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.