Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having an issue with my 2008 foot shift. The dash light is lit up green for neutral, but the bike is not in neutral. Testing the bike at low speed in "neutral" and I try to shift up, the bike immediately locks up. The next gear is the same way. I can shift up again and the bike will move forward again. If I try to give the bike any more throttle, it is very sluggish. Almost like the rear brake is dragging, but the shoes have been removed so there is no rear brake.

Also, the bike will not go into reverse no matter how many times I try. I know this issue is related to the above. Any help is appreciated.

When I purchased the bike, the PO said that it would not go into reverse, but there was so many other issues that I thought after fixing what I knew was wrong, it would straighten itself out.

Work completed on the bike so far:

New top end
New timing chain
New frictions
The rear diff has been rebuilt
The rear brake has been deleted
New reverse cable

·
Registered
461 Posts
Did it ever operate correctly after the top end and timing chain job?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did it ever operate correctly after the top end and timing chain job?
No. Yesterday was the first time I had it out of the garage after fixing everything I thought was wrong. When I bought it, I knew it had a slew of issues because it was not taken care of. It had many more problems than I had hoped for. The PO said they couldn't get the bike into neutral, but after seeing everything it needed, I'm not sure how it even ran.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Your problems sound like someone's been in there and didn't put things back correctly. For that reason I don't buy anything "Rebuilt".

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your problems sound like someone's been in there and didn't put things back correctly. For that reason I don't buy anything "Rebuilt".
I "rebuilt" everything. Everything is correct per the OEM. I have not been in the bottom end. I have not split the case and inspected the forks of shift drum. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
461 Posts
What did the PO do?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts