Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had this machine 5 years. It has Electric shift manual, power steering and 4wd. Last year It started doing a random double shift in 2nd gear. I took it to a Honda dealer in 2019 and they said they “adjusted” it. Then the random double shifts went to 3rd gear only. Its like it shifts into 3rd but then when you get on it it’ll shift again more firmly? Last month I took it to a different Honda dealer and they spent 2 hours checking the wiring and switches and the motor. Said it was all good and they just replaced the angle sensor.
When I got it back it was still doing random double shifts in 3rd gear. So I replaced the shift motor last night. Its still doing random double shifts in 3rd gear. And now the 4wd is stuck engaged regardless of whether or not the 4wd indicator light is on. Any ideas on the random shifts and the stuck 4wd?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does replacing shift motor have anything to do with the 4wd being stuck on?
I also wiped some of the black grease from the reduction gears, but I was Leary of disturbing them while wiping them. I wanted to use brake cleaner but didn't. I did slather white lithium grease from a spray can on to the new motor gears. Maybe it’ll just take some warm riding days to work itself in there.
I had read a post about cleaning those gears.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts