Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i bought this machine to plow snow in michigan. since i have it i thouight i would ride some trails, i'm old and the trails are narrow rocky tree lined with a lot of wups, anyway second gear at the most, i hit a rut maybe a foot deep on left front, didn't look that bad anyway my machine flipped end over end back to front, got it off me and flipped back over, was really shocked at how easy it did this, checked the air in tires, about 8 lbs. so i cut it to 3 lbs. calmed down and went on to the next trail, rode about 20 miles and then was coming down a little hill and all of a sudden i felt the left rear going up whitch made me push on the right grip[ whitch has thge gas] here engine rev and as fast as you can snap your fingers it flipped end over end to the right this time, got it off me again, calmed down and flipped the machine back over, could only see a tree root that stuck out into the trail but it didn't look that bad, i'm thinking the suspension must be really messed up on the machine, 2007 rancher 420 es bought new in dec 2008, i don't see any adjustment on the schocks,i see extra holes where the wish bone from the rear end to the frame bolt up, mine are in the top holes, lowering them into the bottem holes would make the suspension softer? i'm assuming this thing is way stiff and i;m getting the bounce affect to flip so easy, any help or sud jestions would be appreciated, thanks trapper

·
Registered
195 Posts
The suspension needs time to break in, many people don't realize this. If you have sway bars and end links, take them off completely. This will help to allow the suspension to flex more. the body will feel lile it's "rolling" more though around corners.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts