Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Looking at buying my first ATV and I have some questions for y'all. The seller mentions that the right front wheel bearing appears to be wearing. I think this is because at one point in time he had 29.5 Outlaws on it (he has since dropped back down to 27" Mudlites. Anyway, is this something worth looking at? Or am I better off just leaving well enough alone. Thanks guys.

And here's the link to craigslist:
ATV up for sale/trade

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Wheel bearings aren't too hard to replace if there's nothing else wrong with the ATV. It's normal for wheel bearings to wear when they get some miles on them, especially if they've been in mud and water.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Well seeing as how it has had 29.5" on it its been rode hard and in some deep mud holes probably. I would try to find one some older person has owned.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Well seeing as how it has had 29.5" on it its been rode hard and in some deep mud holes probably. I would try to find one some older person has owned.
Yeah, that might be a good ideal. I didn't even notice the tire size until you mentioned it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So you think this thing has been ridden too hard? Bummer. It looks pretty cool. Also, the mileage is 272 and the hours are 205.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Use that as a bargaining chip to get the price down! If he already knows it, that works to your advantage. Dont know if he already factored that into his asking price but I would still leverage it - maybe even get the price for the cost of new bearings so you can say, " I know Im going to have to put XX into it because of the bearings..."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts