Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I just bought my first ATV. It's great and I enjoy riding it. It has 79 hours and 322 miles for a pretty good deal I think. While riding and returning back home, I noticed the display went out. The lights for neutral, 4wd up top still work. The backlight for display still works as well. Just the display for what gear, speed, hours, isn't on. I would shut it off and turn the key again and it would come back on again sometimes. Might be me but I pulled up the seat to see if there were any loose wires and couldn't find any. And if I were to put it back and lean on it, the display would come back. And I would not lean, display is off. It's like it has a mind of its own. Anyway, I think there's a loose wire somewhere perhaps? If anyone can point me in the right direction for what to check or look for I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,956 Posts
I would start with the harness coming out of the display. Unplug and check for any moisture or corrosion and plug back in... Check as many other plugs as you can without taking the bike apart and try it again. You can get a copy of the service manual HERE for reference.

Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would start with the harness coming out of the display. Unplug and check for any moisture or corrosion and plug back in... Check as many other plugs as you can without taking the bike apart and try it again. You can get a copy of the service manual HERE for reference.

Welcome to the forums!
Thank you. Is there a way to remove it? I tried yanking on it but there are probably screws I don't see on the outside. I notice some on the inside underneath but I'm not sure how to reach them. I was going to pressure wash the ATV tomorrow and clean it up. Maybe I'll get a better view after removing panels.

·
Premium Member
5,956 Posts
Yes, the display is easy to get to. See the attachment below from the manual for access to the plug, plus initial power & ground tests. Let us know how it goes...

Got any pix of your Rancher you'd like to share?

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everything seems to check out fine. I'll have a pic with it all cleaned up. It's in all pieces right now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts