Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum, so I will say "Hey" first, good to be here.

I am looking to buy an ATV to use for light snow plowing, hauling materials around the yard, and some trail riding. I found a deal on a new 2007 Honda Rancher 400 AT with a plow for $5500. I am concerned because friends have told me there are possible issues with the transmission, and I am wondering why they would be selling a 2007 new in 2010. Plus my understanding is that they changed from 400cc to 420cc in 2007? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Welcome to the forums!! The A/t model machines are well known for transmission sensor problems. If you have the opportunity get an extended warranty if you do get the machine.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Welcome to the Forums...And it's not too odd for recreational Dealers to have left overs from previous years. That is how I got mine, and how I may get my next street bike. Just works out that way...

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I have no personal experience, but I have read a lot about it and the AT in that year wouldn't be the best to use with a plow. If it were an 09, they redesigned the AT and it is [supposed to be] a much better design and would work well with the plow.

But, even with that said, $5500 seems like a decent price if it's a 4x4. If a 2x4 it's too expensive.

2007 the Rancher was 400cc, with carb and air cooled. In 08 it went to 420cc fuel injected and water cooled.

Here is a site that shows all the models going back several years and lists the specs, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts