Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an 07 Foreman 500 (TRX500FM7) with a snapped rear axle. The right side of the axle is curved and consequently, the axle tube is also curved. I ordered a replacement axle from Eastlake as well as bearings and seals, however, the axle I received does not have the requisite curve, so it does not fit. My question is, do I have the wrong axle or is the 07 Foreman axle supposed to be straight and I have a bent right side tube? To my eyes, it appears that the right side is designed with a bit of a curve, but I’m definitely open to being wrong! A few photos below:
Furniture Automotive tire Tire Tread Military camouflage

Footwear Shoe Plant Black Terrestrial plant

Vertebrate Automotive tire Plant Grass Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm, your not the original owner? I think that tube is bent.
Unfortunately, not the original owner. I thought I saw a YT video somewhere confirming that the right side tube is indeed designed with an arc, but I can’t find it now and it really doesn’t seem to make a lot of sense. It seems to me that a curve on one side would create imbalance and put a lot of force on one side of the axle. It snapped at the splines to the right of the differential, so maybe that whole side is jacked! 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have an 07 Foreman 500 (TRX500FM7) with a snapped rear axle. The right side of the axle is curved and consequently, the axle tube is also curved. I ordered a replacement axle from Eastlake as well as bearings and seals, however, the axle I received does not have the requisite curve, so it does not fit. My question is, do I have the wrong axle or is the 07 Foreman axle supposed to be straight and I have a bent right side tube? To my eyes, it appears that the right side is designed with a bit of a curve, but I’m definitely open to being wrong! A few photos below:
View attachment 152812
View attachment 152813
View attachment 152811

·
Registered
43 Posts
View attachment 152812
View attachment 152813
View attachment 152811
You should take apart the diff and replace every bearing in it as I am certain it is damaged check for case damage as you may have to replace the entire thing

·
Registered
50 Posts
View attachment 152812
View attachment 152813
View attachment 152811
Didn't you post this before and got the same answers?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts