Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought a new 2007 ex from a dealer. After about 5 hours of riding, the clutch went out; perhaps from my son popping the clutch or perhaps a manufacturing issue. The dealer fixed it under warranty.
After we got it back, he rode it less than 2 hours and the clutch went again. I took it back to the dealer who said it won't be covered under the warranty because the clutch was black and 'glazed.' So he as asked to put the clutch back together and I would have an independent repair person fix it.
When I arrived to pick it up; it was running fine. Went into every gear perfectly fine. The dealer said he, "Turned the clutch around to make it work." He also said it was a temporary fix.
Has anyone heard of turning a clutch around to make it work or did the dealer perhaps not install it right the first time?
We have had it back and ridden it over 3 hours and the only thing we see happening is the clutch does slip in the higher gear.
Thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
thats just a shady quick fix you need a new one but it should not have went that quick mine lasted about 4 year of normal riding

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
has your sonever ridden a quad with a clutch? he needs to be a little easier on them they will fail with repeated abuse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts