Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Atv stop running because of fuel pump so i change the fuel pump and the fuel injector and check the fuel pressure every thing check out ok so far.now i started the atv up and the idle was high so turn it off and check the idle air control vavle everthing seem to work ok and change the o ring crank it up again same thing idle still high check the iacv again still same thing can you help me out.

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts
welcome to the forums. turn the idle down at the throttle body :). should be a black plastic knob on lower right hand side ?, if not ?, then adjust it down at the handle bar throttle.

·
Premium Member
6,555 Posts
No idle screw on the 07 Shade. It's EFI.

If you checked the idle air control valve I wonder if you don't have a leak somewhere between the head and the throttle body.

So the IACV screws up and down freely when you have it off the throttle body and turn the key on?

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts
No idle screw on the 07 Shade. It's EFI.

If you checked the idle air control valve I wonder if you don't have a leak somewhere between the head and the throttle body.

So the IACV screws up and down freely when you have it off the throttle body and turn the key on?
no idle adjustment at all ?, not even at the bars on throttle ?...that's lame..lol.

·
Premium Member
6,555 Posts
Eh, might be able to adjust at the throttle body where the cable screws in, but not a knob like we have on the carb'd machines.

There's an electric doohickey (IACV) that controls idle speed through the computer.

If he hasn't taken anything apart between the thumb lever and the throttle body, I'm guessing IACV is bad or dirty.

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts
I have a 350 rancher with a vavle cover bolt that is stripped out and leaking oil onto the head any suggestion.
try drilling the old hole out, re-tap to a little larger bolt, should fix it. do not use rtv sealant on any part of the motor. and please don't hick-jack another members thread, start your own thread please :).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.