Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Google is hopeless...

I recently bought a 2006 ReconES and immediately noticed there are no fender flares made by the factory for the machine. I dug deep on the ol' google machine and couldn't find any photos of any Recons with them either. Does anyone know if the 2006 Foreman flares would work on it? I know I would need to drill holes and place clips but I just don't know what options are out there for it. I'm Just trying to beef it up a bit visually.

Anyone have a '06 Foreman that could do some measuring for me?:smile

Thanks in advance!!!

- Pejosc

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
you won't find any trx250 recons with flares, because this model never was a 4wd model for one, and for two, they are the baby versions of Honda, Honda did not see a reason to use flares for a 2wd small atv. at this point, your on your own, you will have to fab something yourself. think outside the box here, maybe use an old plastic trash can, slice it up. lots of ways to make your own. old mud flaps off a big truck ?. your biggest hurdle is going to be finding something like your seeking that will be the right length from any newer model as your after. try looking at a salvage yard, measure some flares from a old trx300fw or trx300..these will be about as close to fender size as I know of.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yea I don't really see a good place to mount them on yours anyways. I noticed on older ones there's a recessed part you could mount flares to. You could paint the outer 3 inches black to make it look like it? Lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That groove would be nice. I did that in the past to my '93, but the bodies changed up right at '05 I think. Time to get creative but not obscene. I just wish I knew the dimensions of an '06 Foreman flare to know if I could chop one up or see how close it comes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE on RECON FENDER FLARES

UPDATE

So here's what I ended up doing. I went with a bed liner.

No it doesn't serve any purpose other than for looks. I was inspired by the image of the blue atv that I found on the internet.

My first attempts were with vinyl but it turns out I don't have the patience to get all of the wrinkles out. I definitely could do it, but an extra set of hands would have been the key I think. One to heat, one to wrap.

So I went with the bed liner. I chose the Rustoleum brand and rolled it on. First I sanded the area I wanted then taped it off so, then used a Rustoleum spray primer paint. I then covered it with 2-3 coats of the bed liner. And I used the old vinyl pieces as painter tape (albeit very expensive painters tape, but really sticky and it did well).

After it all dried, I actually didn't like the glossy shine of the black, but with a steel wool pad... man it looked way better with minimal effort. Way better than sand paper. Have a look at the progression photos. Just putting it out there for anyone.

Thanks everyone for your help. Now if Fender Flares for a 250 Recon actually existed this would have been way easier. We'll have to see how they hold up this year.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts