Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys I'm having a hell of a time figuring out this dam carb! I bought a rebuild kit and changed all the jets and the rev screw and the air mix screw and and I had taken it all off and the 3 hoses as well to let it set in carb cleaner over night to unclog the fuel inlet which I got unclogged so I put it all back togather and now its leaking gas out the bowl from the drain value even with the drain screw all way closed and I cant figure out why any ideas? also I misplace the little screen filter that gose in the top of the gas line would that cause this problem?

its like the float isn't closing up when it gets full but I submerged in in water just to sell if it would close and try blowing air through it when close and it closed just fine in water so I would think the gas would make it float and close

·
Registered
366 Posts
Water and gas have different densities. I've seen floats that guys have gotten silicon sealer on, sink like submarines in gas and float in water.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured it out it was a dirty bowl! watched 3 vids on you tube and finally some one gave that suggestion i would have never thought the bowl was causing the float to stick as i new it was working right with the water test

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
l3igl3ang
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing