Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I am a new member and am looking for some input on an issue with my 2006 rancher ES that started happening. Machine runs great however after riding, shut off while in gear then went to start and noticed when I pressed shift button to put in neutral to start the green light would come on but would not stay on, almost like it was skipping past neutral but trans would shift into neutral. Once machine cooled down, green light would stay on and machine would start. Seems like issue is when engine is hot. Any suggestions? Already replaced shift angle sensor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So i looked into this issue a bit more. So when quad is ridden a while i cannot get neutral light to stay on it shifts into neutral, green light flashes but stays off and the N on display changes to a line. If u let machine sit and cool off a while and press shift button to neutral, green light will stay lit and N symbol stays present and machine will start. It runs and shifts great just have this issue trying to restart when engine is hot. Went over all connectors, changed shift motor, and angle sensor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts