Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2006 Honda Rancher 350 (TRX350FM) and I'm having a weird electrical problem, the headlights and the starter only work when I press the foot brake and I hold the hand brake together? If I let go the brakes lights go out and starter does not work?
I am looking for the wiring diagram, I found the 2003 and 2004 and they are both different then the 2006, can any body help me out, thanks.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Welcome to the forums. it sounds like you may have a bad solenoid or a wire making contact with the grounding system. also check the switches on the left bar remove the screws and see if it's wet or corroded inside. If you look in the fuse box there should be a yellow/red wire leading to a diode and a light green/red coming into the other end of that diode. if it's bad it could be backfeeding current through the system.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, so I checked the switches and they look fine, nothing looks corroded, also when I hold both the foot brake and one of the hand brakes, I can turn on and off the lights and the high and low work fine, so I guess I need to check the ground, the solenoid and the diode in the fuse box.
How do I check if there is something wrong with the solenoid and/or the diode?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2006 Honda Rancher 350 (TRX350FM) and I'm having a weird electrical problem, the headlights and the starter only work when I press the foot brake and I hold the hand brake together? If I let go the brakes lights go out and starter does not work?
I am looking for the wiring diagram, I found the 2003 and 2004 and they are both different then the 2006, can any body help me out, thanks.
when you turn the key on does the lights work if not sounds like someone change out the battery an reserves the Ing, wire to the solenoid try reserving that wire.then turn the key on, if the lights come on try starter buttom

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone,I am new to this site and I am having the exact same problem and have read of others posting the same on other sites. If the problem were a ground or broken wire, it seems that everyone would have had to break the same wire or lost the same ground. Could it be a faulty part?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
Brandon Strowbridge
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing