Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a boat for sale and/or Trade. Possibly for this ATV...

In your opinion, what's the value?

https://eastky.craigslist.org/snw/6142401047.html

I have a 2006 Honda 500 s model, i bought it from the original owner, it is like new in every way, adult ridden and has always been kept inside,i put a new set of itp ss wheels and a set of dirt devil tires on it,an Auxbeam 75 watt led light on a set of mounts on the front rack,lights up a baseball field! It has kimpex box with passenger seat,it has 792 miles and 152 hrs on it, not even really broke in yet! I am asking $4900.00, will consider trades to trucks, fishing boat

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
it's 11 years old, seems kinda high in price to me ?, and its yellow !..yuck !..lol. look the blue book value up, see what they run in price ?.

Reactions: Sir_Diealotz

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'm not much on yellow either but it's low miles and hours... Worth a look...

I'll check, thanks Shade

Blue book wasn't much help. No options for mileage, hours or accessories. About $3K as is.

·
Premium Member
6,522 Posts
Too high. I paid $4999 for my 09 500FM (same machine) when I bought it brand new.

Maybe $4K tops when you figure in the add-ons, probably less given that it's yellow.

As Shade said, it's a 10 year old machine.

Actual market value (you aren't too far from Shade and me) is probably $3500ish at best.

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
I agree, I would not pay more than 3500 for it. then again..i don't pay much for my toys period !..lol. I buy them as junk, then fix them up to show room shape..lol. most I ever paid was 600 cash for my last atv, 2005 trx500fm. that's not counting drive time, gas !..lol. all in all, I put about 4k into it total in parts, not counting man hours and labor..lol.

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
Too high. I paid $4999 for my 09 500FM (same machine) when I bought it brand new.

Maybe $4K tops when you figure in the add-ons, probably less given that it's yellow.

As Shade said, it's a 10 year old machine.

Actual market value (you aren't too far from Shade and me) is probably $3500ish at best.
it's 11 years old bro..this is 2017 ya know !..lol.

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
I agree way too high a price, LOW miles/hours or not,
looks like a nice clean atv, but, it is 11 yrs old, and its on its third owner now, next will be 4th??
who know's what was or NOT done to it??
Blue book on it is like

Excellent Condition $2,850! for my area zip code?

so, he's asking almost twice what book value is on it??

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have 2 appoitments this afternoon/evening to look at my Boat and one tomorrow afternoon.

The ATV guy can't come up with a title so I told him no title, no deal.

IF and that's a big IF we were to trade then I would camo wrap the god awful yellow :sad

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
I have 2 appoitments this afternoon/evening to look at my Boat and one tomorrow afternoon.

IF and that's a big IF we were to trade then I would camo wrap the god awful yellow :sad
a bill of sale is just as good as a title bro, make sure his full info is on it, name, date, vin number of atv, sale price, signed by both of you with same info of your name and number, phone number. and your covered, worst case if it turns out stolen ?, you won't be in possession of stolen property , he will !.

Reactions: Sir_Diealotz

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

a bill of sale is just as good as a title bro, make sure his full info is on it, name, date, vin number of atv, sale price, signed by both of you with same info of your name and number, phone number. and your covered, worst case if it turns out stolen ?, you won't be in possession of stolen property , he will !.
If it comes to that I would run the VIN through the system via State Police and DMV first to make sure no issues or leins.

My phone has been blowing up over this boat so may be pointless anyway.

·
Premium Member
6,522 Posts

Yeah but you don't get your money back! Title means you own it! Of course, most don't title them, but one with a title is worth a little more to me.

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts

Yeah but you don't get your money back! Title means you own it! Of course, most don't title them, but one with a title is worth a little more to me.
title don't mean crap, just another legal way of saying ya own it. besides, would ya rather go to jail , or lose out on some money ?..lol. he's going about it the correct way if he wants to cover all bases, run a vin number check, can't get any better than this.

·
Premium Member
4,702 Posts
If he ever had a title he could apply for a new one. That's what I did got a bill of sale form from my state DMV; PO filled it out. Called the DMV with the VIN and while they couldn't tell me who was listed as the owner, when I mentioned the name they told me they could then help me transfer the title.
Every state is different but that's how I got a clear ownership

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
If he ever had a title he could apply for a new one. That's what I did got a bill of sale form from my state DMV; PO filled it out. Called the DMV with the VIN and while they couldn't tell me who was listed as the owner, when I mentioned the name they told me they could then help me transfer the title.
Every state is different but that's how I got a clear ownership
here's what most don't understand. first..most atv owners in a lot of states do not even register their atvs. why ?, cuz they don't want to pay property taxes on them. second, as you said, some states don't require you to register them, because most states don't allow you to ride them on public roads because in some states, they are not road legal. this is not all states !. then you have states that require you to register them, shows you pay property taxes, you get a decal ( or did ? ), in order to ride them on federal land, and state parks. all a title does, is show you bought it legal from a dealership..thats all.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update: Never heard back from the guy with the ATV after i asked for a title... Hmmmmmm...........

Sold the boat, so all good :grin

1 - 17 of 17 Posts