Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, new here, so here whats I got going on. I recent purchased a 2006 Honda 350 fourtrax all time 4x4. The bike is in mint condition and only has 2700klm on it, the bike was used just around his property, it’s been sitting in his building for the last year and a half not used. Even after sitting, I took the carb off to clean just for piece of mind and found it was clean as a whistle. I noticed when up shifting from first gear and up was hard, if you slacked way off on the throttle it shifted a little better although not great. I did the clutch adjustment to no avail, didn’t make a difference. I put it in first gear and held up on the shifter and it still moved ahead, which tells me that the secondary clutch is not releasing like it supposed to. My question is, what can I try to get the clutch to release without having to tear the cover off. I dont want to bust anything. I know the bike was well taking care of just by looking at it so it was never beat. Thanx

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Geesh, I thought someone on here would have a suggestion , I was told this would be the place to get answers. Not looking good!!! Lol

·
Registered
453 Posts
Common problem. It will break loose. Try to go easy and get in high gear. Pull up on the shifter and give it full throttle a few times.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Common problem. It will break loose. Try to go easy and get in high gear. Pull up on the shifter and give it full throttle a few times.
Thank you for your reply I will give that a try, really didn’t want to pull the cover, if I don’t have to. Lol

·
Registered
453 Posts
I had the same problem with a low hours TRX300FW I bought last year. Just try to blend your RPMs when shifting until it breaks loose. I'd also recommend a fresh oil change a few hours after it breaks loose.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had the same problem with a low hours TRX300FW I bought last year. Just try to blend your RPMs when shifting until it breaks loose. I'd also recommend a fresh oil change a few hours after it breaks loose.
I just did the oil and filter, took it for a drive around my yard and noticed the up shifting wasn’t right, and the secondary clutch wasn’t releasing. I will try the fifth gear thingy as soon as I get chance, and if it breaks clear I have no problem changing it again. Thanx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts