Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2006 forman500 fe is not shifting into 3rd gear right. it snaps in then it works great.. something is not right .. what might be wrong with it

·
Premium Member
7,533 Posts
Welcome to the forums gooba some one will be along to help shortly. Some of these guys work during the day so it my be this evening before you get an answer.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
It is likely a sensor or alignment problem. You could look in a service manual, but I would expect it will require some adjustments or replacement of the sensor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you ..what kind of adjustments. or replacement of what sensor. do you think is it something that i could do my self.?

·
Registered
182 Posts
is there any error codes flashing,if so find out what they are and saber6 can find out what they are and tell you how to repair it!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you.. there is no error codes flashing. am i gonna try to get a service manual. i hope its nothen to major in the tranny its only 3rd gear. there is no grinding no slipping just acts like when you frist shift it into 3rd it dont go in all the way. and when you get back on the gas it snaps in all the way. i dont know nothen about the tranny or just how it works in side

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Check ebay for a used manual. Find a honda manual and not a 3rd party if you can get one.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Have you recently changed the oil?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts