Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I’ve owned my quad for 6 years now and have never had an issue. I was in northern Michigan trail riding, on our way back from the destination, and out of nowhere my quad died. It will crank over but not start. We’ve replaced the spark plug and ignition coil (coil only not the boot), but still nothing. Any suggestions, thank you!

·
Registered
336 Posts
set your meter for continuity.

put one lead on negative battery terminal and the other lead on the engine and frame? continuity on both?

now put one lead on the positive and the other on the live side of the starter relay switch? contintuity?

now across both posts on the starter relay, continuity? (no-good)(yes-no good)

disconnect battery, put one lead on the second post of the starter relay, other lead on starter motor, cotinuity?

place one lead on the live side of the starter solenoid, the post that Does Not go to the starter motor. other lead across the fuse? Continuity? (yes-good) (no- fuse is open)

unplug ignition switch connector, harness side, one lead on black wire, one on red, continuity?

switch side connecor, Continuity when ignition is ON? (good), if no change when ignition switch is ON/OFF....ignition switch problem

connect ignition switch back on

continue like that through the whole circuit, make sure to check the diode.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts