Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I recently took apart my front differential for some preventative maintenance. Earlier this year my axle seal for the left side went out and while that seal was bad some water got into the front diff. I know that water got in there because I did a oil change and the oil that came out was all cloudy and clumpy. Anyways, I took my front diff out and took it apart and I made a mistake. there is a difference between the differential assembly and the front final gear assembly. the differential assembly is located inside the front final gear assembly. anyway, I took apart the differential assembly for cleaning and the eight follower set things (42440-HN5-671) fell out. I looked for any timing marks and didn't see any, but I was wondering do I have to worry about how I put those eight follower set, cam things back into the casing. do they go in a specific order or do they have their own specific location? please let me know. you can also email me.

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
those followers ( which you should never have to open unless they need replacing ? ).have to be set back in a certain way, or your front diff wont work right. most of us moved to another site, you may or may not get good help here anymore ?..lol.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts