Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to the forum I have a question to see if anyone can help I have 2006 trx250ex got brand new from a dealership here intown it had been sitting for about two years this this past October I pulled it out out new tires changed the oil did a kit on the carb got it running good put full big gun exhaust I wanna know in order to install a namura overbore kit do I have to take engine out and get it bored or do I just replace the piston with the new one ?

·
Super Moderator
4,383 Posts
If your doing a over bore or a big bore you will 100% have to remove the cylinder and send it out to be bored and honed. If you were looking for more power out of a perfect running engine you would want to go stock bore high compression. The big issue you will have is the 250ex isnt a very tuneable engine and will be extremely limited in aftermarket companys making such parts because it is what honda considers a beginners quad. The engine and drivetrain are actually from a utility quad even. My .02. Welcome to the forums!

·
Super Moderator
4,383 Posts
Yeah thats my opinion on the matter. If you out grow the power or really want more your better off upgrading to a more powerful platform out of the box. And one with alot more aftermarket backing in power adding parts.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Remember the old saying " there's no replacement for displacement". No sense spending $$$ trying to make a 250 quick, sell it and get a 400 or 450 unless of course you're planning to race in a 250 class

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Welcome to the forums. . . . Yeah not much to do for that engine, sad too because that's a tough little machine.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
TRX2fiveO
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing