Honda ATV Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
36,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
well, have another person suppose to come look at, and maybe buy this atv tomorrow ?, I don't count it sold until the cash is in my hands, and they are driving off into the sunset..lol. how do you pass up a '' like brand new '' atv for a killer price these days ???..just..WOW !!..LOL.

·
Super Moderator
36,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
oh, and I even dropped the price on cl's to $ 3.500.00..you would think they would be breaking my smart phone from a ton of calls and text huh ?!..lol.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
I kind of know where you coming from, my stock 07 400ex deal just went up in smoke, he said 5000, set..... I said GOOD luck And that was all she wrote.....ill be happy to keep my 300. Ya just can't deal with some people (idiots) n shade i hope you have better luck then me, OH n your price IMO is much better than fair.

·
Super Moderator
36,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I kind of know where you coming from, my stock 07 400ex deal just went up in smoke, he said 5000, set..... I said GOOD luck And that was all she wrote.....ill be happy to keep my 300. Ya just can't deal with some people (idiots) n shade i hope you have better luck then me, OH n your price IMO is much better than fair.
yeah, I think my asking price is really fair, considering all I did to this atv to get it back together and looking as good as it does ?!..lol. I shoulda stuck at 3800 ?, but oh well, i'll live with it.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
If they whine about that price, why not store her ? Just a thought....., no need to give away a fine crisp machine like that one, please pardon me, but screw um........

·
Super Moderator
36,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
If they whine about that price, why not store her ? Just a thought....., no need to give away a fine crisp machine like that one, please pardon me, but screw um........
no one is whining ?, they just don't seem to have the cash !..lol.

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
My coworker bought a used Polaris. He said he thought his son would have too much trouble shifting a footshift.

I told him that Polaris would be the LAST brand I would buy (maybe not quite as bad as Arctic Cat, but definitely bottom of the barrel brand).

He said it was a "good deal" and that the ride was really smooth.

So, as I told shadetree, you can lead a horse to water....

I told the guy to find a Rubicon or Grizzly if he wanted an automatic, but he'd already jumped at that point.

When he asks me how to fix it, I'll just say "I told you". I won't touch a Polaris. Horrible, horrible machines.

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
I have noticed the market has gotten REAL soft around here. I ended up selling my 08 420FM rancher for $2250, and that was with a winch and LED lightbar installed. Unlike shade, I didn't replace the fenders, so mine wasn't as pretty, but I rebuilt every dang thing on that bike and ended up practically giving it away.

The 07-13 420's and 05-11 Foremans have really gotten cheap around here. I guess they're "old" now by most people's standards.

A guy down in South Arkansas I know who flips bikes had a camo 500FM for $2200 the other day, everything good but the rear brakes.

Saw an 09 500FM in Spring TX with lots of accessories, a trailer, and an 06 parts bike that was mostly there for $2395 yesterday. I bought some parts from the guy a while back.

I saw a 2016 Rancher footshift with 2400 miles on it for sale here yesterday. Girl started off at $7K (LOL) and after people started pointing out that you can buy a brand new one for $4700 at the stealership, she dropped her price to $5500.....:icon_ laughup:

I can't believe shade's bike hasn't sold. It's pretty much brand new. Even buying a good running bike for $2500 one couldn't clean it up to the level of shade's bike for what he's asking for his. That's just figuring in parts, not labor.

I don't get it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
36,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I have noticed the market has gotten REAL soft around here. I ended up selling my 08 420FM rancher for $2250, and that was with a winch and LED lightbar installed. Unlike shade, I didn't replace the fenders, so mine wasn't as pretty, but I rebuilt every dang thing on that bike and ended up practically giving it away.

The 07-13 420's and 05-11 Foremans have really gotten cheap around here. I guess they're "old" now by most people's standards.

A guy down in South Arkansas I know who flips bikes had a camo 500FM for $2200 the other day, everything good but the rear brakes.

Saw an 09 500FM in Spring TX with lots of accessories, a trailer, and an 06 parts bike that was mostly there for $2395 yesterday. I bought some parts from the guy a while back.

I saw a 2016 Rancher footshift with 2400 miles on it for sale here yesterday. Girl started off at $7K (LOL) and after people started pointing out that you can buy a brand new one for $4700 at the stealership, she dropped her price to $5500.....:icon_ laughup:

I can't believe shade's bike hasn't sold. It's pretty much brand new. Even buying a good running bike for $2500 one couldn't clean it up to the level of shade's bike for what he's asking for his. That's just figuring in parts, not labor.

I don't get it.
oh I get it alright, holidays is here, xmas and all, no one has large cash just laying around.

·
Super Moderator
36,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
oh, and no word from this last buyer on his way ?!..lol. gotta love ppl like that...lol. at least i'm not sitting around here at home waiting to hear from him !..lol.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
My bad shade i thought they were trying to get you to drop the price.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Been following this thread from the beginning. If it were closer to MN I know a few people who I'd recommend it to. Great buy for the listed price..

Heck I even searched for and found Shade's CL listing. @shadetree you have awesome pics of the machine in the listing, should be a no brainer for people.

I think there are a few reasons why these are a tough sell these days. Biggest reason I think is everyone finances everything these days (or what feels like everyone). So when you have dealers listing brand new Polaris 570's for barely over $5k and they offer easy financing to go along with it, that's what they do. The average yuppie doesn't care about honda reliability and would rather make easy monthly payments on a smooth riding high hp Polaris, and not care about reliability.

You'll get it sold shade, someone that's like us and actually knows what a quality machine is will come along.

·
Super Moderator
36,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
Been following this thread from the beginning. If it were closer to MN I know a few people who I'd recommend it to. Great buy for the listed price..

Heck I even searched for and found Shade's CL listing. @shadetree you have awesome pics of the machine in the listing, should be a no brainer for people.

I think there are a few reasons why these are a tough sell these days. Biggest reason I think is everyone finances everything these days (or what feels like everyone). So when you have dealers listing brand new Polaris 570's for barely over $5k and they offer easy financing to go along with it, that's what they do. The average yuppie doesn't care about honda reliability and would rather make easy monthly payments on a smooth riding high hp Polaris, and not care about reliability.

You'll get it sold shade, someone that's like us and actually knows what a quality machine is will come along.
what those dummies don't understand is ?, is when they go to finance a 5k dollar atv ?, is when the final payment makes that 5k now read 8k or 9k after all paper work, taxes, you name it ?..now they just paid 8k or 9k for a 5k dollar atv !..lmfaoooooo. does not take a smart person to figure this no-brainer out !!...lol. oh, and for a delivery fee, i'll deleiver !..lol. I love road trips..lol.

·
Super Moderator
36,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
My bad shade i thought they were trying to get you to drop the price.
nope, my CL's ad clearly states..WILL NOT LOWER PRICE....DON'T ASK !!..LOL.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
About this Discussion
35 Replies
4 Participants
shadetree
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing