Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have 2005 Rancher 350TE electric shift. After it sat for awhile I bought a new battery, solenoid, starter, plug and carb and it ran like a champ for a couple weeks just putting around the hunt camp until...while in 2nd gear putting around it died, it was like I slammed on the brakes because it was still in gear. Wouldn't turn over or shift with electric, I managed to get into nuetral with manual shifter to get back to camp. Won't turn over or shift, just a bar going across the gear display not flashing any codes. It will turn over when I jump the solenoid but won't fire! Seems like a sensor to me, could it be the angle sensor?? Any help will be appreciated

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
yep, prob angle sensor, meter needs to see neutral before it will fire the spark plug.

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
I'd being looking into why it died before looking into why it wont turn over. Perhaps the same problem?
coulda had fuel issues ?..lost spark from a bad c.d.i. ?..who knows ?. turning over would be a bad starter ?, bad starter solenoid ?, and last but not least..they wont turn over if it does not see a neutral in the c.d.i. ?, safety feature.

·
Premium Member
5,956 Posts
Sounds like the battery is dead to me. Check the battery voltage and put it on a small charger for a while if it is low. Clean battery cables & grounds etc & check your fuses for a blown or loose fitting fuse. You did put all OEM Honda parts on it, nothing china... right?

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
Shadetree. It's in nuetral now, it won't fire when I jump the solenoid because of the angle sensor?
is the display showing neutral ?..if not ?..it wont fire the spark plug. the display HAS to show neutral ( letter N ) before it will fire the plug.

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
with the angle sensor off, rotate it until you see the letter N on the display ?, then try starting it. if you rotate the sensor..and still can't get the letter N to show on the display ?, then the sensor is bad.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Shadetree I took sensor off and turned it. Still just showing a bar going across gear display, new sensor ordered I'll let you know what happens. Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
Shadetree I took sensor off and turned it. Still just showing a bar going across gear display, new sensor ordered I'll let you know what happens. Thanks!!
the sensor must show the letter on the display, then the display tells the c.d.i. that the motor is in neutral. you can't just go by '' knowing '' , as in..yes..you know for a fact the tranny is in neutral, because you can spin the wheels ?, the c.d.i. must know that it is in neutral, which it gets this info from the sensor, display.

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
let me add this info..ok..yes..what I posted ^^ is true, but !!!!!!!!!!..( sorry..old age..lol ). the gear position switch, which is at the back of the motor by the way..is what tells the display what gear your in. this is a rancher..correct ?, my money is on a broken shift drum !!.

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
check your pm !!.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts