Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 trx 450r and I just bought a trx 450r carb for my 2005 trx 450r. I heard that the 08 carb will not fit right on my 05 is this true? If this is true what can I do to fix it? I would like to use the 05 intake tube and air box but I was told that it's all different can anyone tell me if this is true? Please email me if anyone can help [email protected]

thanks,
Michael

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Maybe Redracer can help on this one.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
I know that they are different carbs all together.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a 2005 trx 450r and I just bought a trx 450r carb for my 2005 trx 450r. I heard that the 08 carb will not fit right on my 05 is this true? If this is true what can I do to fix it? I would like to use the 05 intake tube and air box but I was told that it's all different can anyone tell me if this is true? Please email me if anyone can help [email protected]

thanks,
Michael
I have a 05 trx and yes the carbs are very different, but the boot between the head and the carb will work for the new 08 carb but on top of the 08 FCR carb there is a taller throttle cable holder for whatever reason and it will hit the gas tank. It will not fit under the 04 05 tanks. I dont know about the air box end because I removed it and put on an esr modded intake and K&N filter. Hope this answers your question any more just give me a holler.

Rick

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
So could he run the 06+ gas tank and have the clearance for the top of the carb?

If so I have a gas tank off of an 07 just lying around.

·
Registered
32 Posts
So could he run the 06+ gas tank and have the clearance for the top of the carb?

If so I have a gas tank off of an 07 just lying around.
yes red he can, thats what a lot of people are doing but can get exspensive. what some people dont know is that the FCR carbs from crf dirt bikes dont have the tall throttle cable bracket and will fit ok under the tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts