Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2005 Rancher ES 350. I would say that 1 in every 5 times I try to change gears the electronic shift does not do anything(will not change out of the gear that its in). I turn it off and it works fine again. Any advice? I just bought it and I'm not trying to put any money into it if I dont have to. Other than the 1 in 5 times it run GREAT, shifts clean! I've heard of sensor issues?? Instructions to do the fix are appreciated!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sensor

I've got a 2005 Rancher ES 350. I would say that 1 in every 5 times I try to change gears the electronic shift does not do anything(will not change out of the gear that its in). I turn it off and it works fine again. Any advice? I just bought it and I'm not trying to put any money into it if I dont have to. Other than the 1 in 5 times it run GREAT, shifts clean! I've heard of sensor issues?? Instructions to do the fix are appreciated!
The sensor is the source of your problem. The Recon had the same issue and it was covered under a recall by honda. You do only have so long to claim the recall warranty though. You may want to call a Honda dealer and ask. The call is free!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts