Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Member #2192
View www.revdeals.com's Photo Gallery(0)

2005 Rancher ES Odometer problem
Love the site. I look forward to any help or advise to contribute in the future. I do have an issue with 2 Rancher ES models i just purchased. Owner left them sit for 2 years. One had 350 mile and the other had 250 miles. Batterys were shot and he jump started them off his truck. Now one reads 18 miles and the other reads 11900 miles, hour meters did the same thing respectively. Installed new batterys etc and they runs great with no other issues. Is there any way to correct this odometer/hour issue. Thanks

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
I don't know for sure, but I don't think there is any way to correct the odometers.

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts

Member #2192
View www.revdeals.com's Photo Gallery(0)

2005 Rancher ES Odometer problem
Love the site. I look forward to any help or advise to contribute in the future. I do have an issue with 2 Rancher ES models i just purchased. Owner left them sit for 2 years. One had 350 mile and the other had 250 miles. Batterys were shot and he jump started them off his truck. Now one reads 18 miles and the other reads 11900 miles, hour meters did the same thing respectively. Installed new batterys etc and they runs great with no other issues. Is there any way to correct this odometer/hour issue. Thanks
a dumb question..but..when you first looked at them..did you by any chance see that it was the trip odometer..instead of the actual miles on it ?..thought i'd throw that out there :)..and if in deed..you looked at them right..then no..you can't change the miles on them..only way that can be done..is through a dealer...and the only way they will do it..is if they put a brand new engine in it..like for instance..something really goes bad with a new engine in a new bike..and it's covered under warranty..other than that..unless your read out display is bad..and it has to be replaced ..i see no other way it can be done..and even then..more than likely the dealer will have to reset it..i would think if it can be done..there probally gonna pull it off the pcm anyway..it stores the miles on it...i could be wrong about this..someone else might know more about your kinda bike..mine don't have any mile read out on it, she's too old..lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts