Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just picked up an abused 2005 foreman for dirt cheap hoping I can turn it into a decent work horse. After a top and bottom engine rebuild the atv runs and drives great! Here is my long list of issues any trouble shooting advice is helpful cause I’m stumped.

4x4 to 2x4 switch not working so the bike is stuck in 4x4.

I have a neutral light, reverse light and 1st gear on the display but no other gear comes on the display even tho it shifts great.

fan does not function at all even if it’s grounded to the block. So I just have it wired up to a light.

Display is flashing and there is no function of the buttons

Seeing all these things I figured they are all electrical commands so I got a new control unit thinking it would fix all my problems but it didn't help one bit.

Yes the fuzes are good and greased. Yes the battery is putting out 12v as well as 14v while running. Yes everything is plugged in cleaned put back together with dielectric grease.

Once again any help is appreciated even if you have a wiring schematic!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Unlike the 450s the 500s dont have a fuse for the 4x4 which i realised while i was checking. Just check yours if it has a fuse for the 4x4. If problem diagnosed am curious to know as am having trbl with my 2003 450 Foreman. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts