Honda ATV Forum banner

2004 TRX350FE GEAR CHANGE SWITCH

4K views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  courtneymcolvin 
#1 ·
In the manuals I'm seeing how to change the "Angle Sensor", but my machine has the "Gear Change Switch" instead. Why did they have 2 versions? The gear change switch is Honda part#
35759-HN5-A11

I'm unable to find the instructions on how to replace this style of switch. Any help is greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
rear engine cover has to come off, which is the stator cover, which means, the rear swing arm has to be dropped in order to get the cover off. once the cover is off, the gear position switch is bolted to the inside of the stator cover. when replacing switch, MAKE SURE YOU TURN THE LONG TANG'S END UNTIL ITS OVER THE LETTER N STAMPED ON TOP OF THE SWITCH !!!. while you are in there, check to see if the shift drum's end has snapped off by putting a flat blade screw driver into the slot , and see if you can spin it at all a good ways ?.

#10 ·
Thanks for that. So it sounds that the difference is the angle sensor is for atv's with electric shift but no gear indicator? I have an 2004 Rancher ie TRX350FE, and what it's doing is getting stuck in gear or in between gears possibly. The gear indicator will flash and I'll have to shut off the machine, turn the key back on and it will usually then allow me to shift back to neutral.

#11 ·
then this tells me your angle sensor is bad, very common on the early es models. you should be posting on the other site where you joined, thats where we hang.

#12 ·
I finally understand where I was confused. I was thinking that my machine had one or the other not both. I kept looking at the rear of the machine and not seeing the angle sensor. Then I saw a video which showed me it is in the front. I looked and there it was. I'll get one ordered. Thanks for all your help.