Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so this guy wants to trade me an 04 Rancher trx400 for my 07 raptor 350. Mine needs rear axel bearings and has a rip in the seat. His needs a shift motor and starter. This doesn't make sense to me, the price of honda 4x4s are jacked up. Do you think his wheeler is a piece of junk, or is he just stupid?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
People will do crazy things when they want something- it isn't always rational. If you are interested, give his a good once-over, and see if he'll explain why he wants to trade. He may just want something different, and you come out on top.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
As one of the few remaining 400AT owners left on this forum....run far and fast from that deal! The reason he wants to dump that Rancher is because they are finicky, underpowered, have a weak clutch, and if anything goes wrong with the Hondamatic you're toast, and the owner probably knows it! That model and the 2001 to 2004 Rubicons are the only 2 Honda 4x4's I'd ever steer anybody away from.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
shadetree
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing