Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first thing the gear indicator was flashing first gear, then the whole display was going back and forth between the standard display then something else. then it would not shift at all, stuck in first. shut it off then . turned key on and had neutral light on and oil light, but now will not turn over. checked fuses, all good. where do I start?thanks, rich b

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
first thing the gear indicator was flashing first gear, then the whole display was going back and forth between the standard display then something else. then it would not shift at all, stuck in first. shut it off then . turned key on and had neutral light on and oil light, but now will not turn over. checked fuses, all good. where do I start?thanks, rich b
well after checking all the fuses and disconnecting and connecting harness plugs and putting on my battery tender for 4 hours, I put the key in and everything works! battery showed 13.5 volts so am leaving on tender. need to check voltage out put while running. not sure the specs for output and how to check, am looking for info on that.

·
Super Moderator
38,043 Posts
multi-tester on battery while running should show between 13-14 volts when you rev it. if not ?, then your stator or reg/rec is bad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts