Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, i was working away on restoring my 350 fourtrax when i was offered a tidy sum for it so it is now gone lol...

I have however found a replacement but before i go to do any deal im going to run a few questions on here.

The bike in question is an 04 250es model with 198hrs from new. It is still on origonal rear tyres, comes with some paper work and is in fantasic condition. However the Electric shift system has been changed to manual, the seller says he would rather have the manual shift so he paid a well known quad shop to do the conversion, he has receipts to back this up also.

Have any of you guys done this? What should i be looking for? Is it a normal thing to do? Myself i would much prefer the footshift so im quite happy about that provided there will be no underlaying issues further down the track.

Also how do you guys rate the little 250?

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Its a good reliable quad. If the papers say it was done right It could be. The manual shift is more reliable. I have heard of things like this being done but don't know what is added, removed, and/or changed.
Welcome to the Forums!!

You may call the shop it was done at to see if they can give you any info.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Welcome to the forums... 250s are a great quad but then agian all honda quads are great...lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts