Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a 2003 rubicon 500. the carb is fooding bad. pooring gas into the airbox. any suggestions on what the problem is and how to fix it

·
Banned
638 Posts
Only things I can think of on a carbed engine flooding is the carb. needs to be adjusted or the fuel pump is forcing too much gas past the needle/injector. Other than that someone else will have to chime in I donno.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not familiar with the specific ATV??
But if there is a carburetor and it is flooding fuel into the intake air box as described, I would assume that the carb. fuel(or float) bowl is overflowing due to a malfunction of a float bowl valve, float, etc.

You may try tapping on the bottom of the carb to temporarily correct it.

You may verify the fuel bowl theory, by shutting of the fuel supply at the tank and operate the motor and observe if this corrects the suspect overflow(manually open and re-close the supply from the tank to allow the bowl to fill but not overflow).

In any case and as someone previously suggested, the issue is in the carb.

But before anything else.....move the machine into a safe place and be careful!!
Hope this helps

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Float is stuck down, pull the bowl off and clean the needle and seat, and check the float itself might be cracked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts