Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my rincon won't throttle up past about 50%. I verified no restriction to gas or air flow. Carb was cleaned by atv shop. When i hold the throttle full and pull the choke slowly, the engine speed increases. It seems like a gas flow problem, but I'm not sure. Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,956 Posts
You have verified that the motor is running lean by choking it and seeing an improvement apparently. You can either take the machine back to the shop to have it fixed right, or demand to be refunded a bunch of your money back, assuming they put new parts in it...?

I assume you aren't comfortable repairing the bike yourself, or don't have the tools & resources on hand to be successful? In that case you must find someone capable of fixing it for you. Ask around but don't accept the first recommendation offered...

If you want to fix it yourself you can find a copy of the service manual HERE. Follow the carb disassembly & reassembly word-for-word. You'll probably need to clean the carb again thoroughly while it is completely disassembled. If you need any help with that, ask and you shall receive!

Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
7,361 Posts
could be as simple as a clogged main jet, hole in the diaphragm, incorrect jet, etc. either way itll need pulled apart again.

I suggest you take it someplace else!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Had a warrior 350 doing almost the same thing recently. Ended up being the pilot screw (air screw) was turned almost all the way out. Set it back to factory setting, runs like a top.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts