Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 03 rancher in a trade - 350FM model. It had a lawn mower battery, light switch to turn fan on/off...you get the picture. I have ordered harness pieces off of Ebay, but they don't connect - the y connector from the positive battery terminal works great connecting to the starter solenoid, but the other side is totally different than the connector on the end on the main harness. Am I missing a piece? All I have is this 03 to work with in terms of guides as my 2015 and 2017 are no help.

All the wiring diagrams show a direct connection....did I get different year model harness pieces?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,956 Posts
You may have got the wrong battery/solenoid harness. The one with a single center conductor might be for a sport bike? Dunno...

Have you looked on the Partzilla parts fiche for part numbers & interchange reference? Check them out:

2003 TRX350FM A Honda ATV Parts

When you click on a part number a page opens for that part... scroll down and you'll see an interchange list of which years/models that part number is found on. This will aid you greatly while searching for used harnesses.

Enjoy your work and welcome to the forums!

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Like Retro mentioned you will need to refer to the parts fiche for cross reffing part numbers; glad to hear you're trying to build it back correctly. At this stage I wouldn't buy used electrical parts for it unless they are No Longer Available.
Keep in mind the TRX350 was offered in 2WD and 4WD foot and electric shift so four models; some vital modules and harnesses will not fit all models and those that do may not interface correctly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts