Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Honda foreman TRX 450 ES, bought it used, should of done a little housekeeping when I bought, but i didnt. long story short, went out for a ride, got it up to 4th gear, all of a sudden, it quit , in 4th gear, turned off the bike, turned it on again , thinking it would reset it, nothing, same thing blinking 3 times in 4th gear. tried to rock it back and forth and use the emergency shifter, was stuck, guess i pushed a little too hard, heard it pop, now the emergency shifter (think its called the spindle, just spins back and forth. I have new angle sensor and new shift motor on it, same thing, blinking in 4th gear three times. I'm assuming at this point I have a more serious issue? Im assuming the emergency shifter needs to be put back in its place before I can get the bike to start or back in gear. im reading that I will have to take the rear cover off of the motor and possible the front cover. Do I need to take the engine out for this? Any help would be appreciated as bringing to a Honda dealer im sure will cost in the thousands

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
I'd ask over at atvhonda.com...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts