Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use this for farm work with average 4 MPA. Has 1600 hours and under 7K miles. Couple times a year we take them down to St Joe state park and run them hard. Could not get more than 36 to 41MPH out of atv. Years ago I know was able to get 51 mph before rev limiter would kick in. Had bike go into limp mode and had to replace speed sensor. Thought that would take care of speed issue but NOT. Bike starts and runs excellent. Rubimatic is shifting into all gears and seems to be working correct. Oil pressure at 1400RPM 43PSI and at 5K rpm 143 PSI. The only variable I can think of is new tires. Did not change tire size from stock 25x8 and 10 R12. These are heave duty Bighorn Maxxis and are run at 3.6PSI.

·
Registered
2020 520 rubicon foot shift
345 Posts
It's just the tires.
Big horns are heavy and taller than 25, they're about 2 inches taller than the stock tires so your not going that much slower even tho its showing 41mph not 51.
My old 350 rancher did the same thing when I put good tires on it, it went from bouncing off the rev limiter at 50mph to only going 40.
My new rubicon is geared so low tho it goes faster than stock with bigger tires lol.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's just the tires.
Big horns are heavy and taller than 25, they're about 2 inches taller than the stock tires so your not going that much slower even tho its showing 41mph not 51.
My old 350 rancher did the same thing when I put good tires on it, it went from bouncing off the rev limiter at 50mph to only going 40.
My new rubicon is geared so low tho it goes faster than stock with bigger tires lol.
Thanks, keeps me from making costly unnecessary repairs. Been looking at 2020 Rubicon like yours. With fuel injection and more power I don't need the temptation. What is your top MPH with aftermarket tires?

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
I have 26's on my rubi, speedo reads 72 kms gps shows 91 kms.

Reactions: bcbuck

·
Registered
2020 520 rubicon foot shift
345 Posts
Mines about the same, shows 74 km/h but is going 90ish (57mph) passing other atvs showing close to 90 on their speedo's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts