Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just now experiencing this problem, and need to get it sorted out as I'm planning on selling this quad. I researched the heck out of it, and never really found a definitive answer or solution.

So basically, when I start the ATV, the gear selection display blinks all three options (D1/D2/ESP) and continues to do so no matter what gear you select. I also noticed that the ATV sputters in reverse, but works fine in forward. I checked the code by putting it in neutral, and while turning the ignition to "on", holding in both manual shift buttons. The "N" flashes on screen a total of 5 times. According to what I found online (I don't have a service manual) it says this is most likely a faulty ECU. However, those who replaced their ECU's with this problem report it not fixing it.

I was hoping it was just the shift angle sensor since it's a cheaper part, but I don't think that's it.

Any advice?

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
manual

go to forums, find [technical discussions and manual help], or whatever, you can download a service manual free.:smile

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Welcome to the forums. ^^^^^^^ I've seen a few post about that issue fix from Wheelsquad , might check with him.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts