Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went and bought our son a 2001 rancher 350 4x4 yesterday and it has NO brakes whatsoever. You guys have any suggestions on what to check, repair, replace or common causes? Also have attached a picture of it. Thanks and great site!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I would check for worn brake shoes. If that's not the problem, try adjusting them. If that don't work, you may need to bleed them.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Nice tires. Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
282 Posts
I just noticed it's snork'd too. My Rancher has brakes, wanna trade?:rating10:

·
Registered
224 Posts
nice ride man, you'll get through some mud in that thing!

·
Super Moderator
38,618 Posts
i see a rear and front differental gears being replaced before long !..lol..anyway..yeah..check your brake pads/shoes..see if they are worn ?..if so..replace..if not..make sure your brake master cylinder is full of brake fluid..and it's working..you can check this by clamping some vise grips unto the rubber line ( over the sheath part )..pump the brake lever..if it builds up..then your master cylinde is good..you may have air in the lines..put new shoes on..adjust them out all the way..pump your front brakes up..and bleed them at the brake hub. don't let go of the brake lever until you have closed the brake bleeder screw..or you will draw air right back into the lines.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not mine to trade anymore, is for my son and thats what he wanted it for to get thru some mud. Those tires are not on there anymore the guy we bought it from wanted to keep them so put some good mudlites on it. As a matter of fact we are still hiding it from him till his b-day next weekend, then after I am sure he will be on here asking plenty of questions. I am mainly concerned about the brakes and will check all those issues out as soon as we unveil it to him. It is a nice quad for what we paid, has the snorkel, 2 inch lift, hmf pipe, the wheels in the pic. Runs great and everything works except the brakes!! Thanks guys again great site!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts