Honda ATV Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Retro, you made me laugh when you asked about the next project.

I’m good for a little while, but there are some on the horizon. My friend’s 2000 Rancher with 10,000 miles needs a rebuilt, his Recon needs a top end job. I need to know why my 420 Rancher AT is not shifting sometimes in ES mode, especially first and second gears, I’ve replaced the angle sensor. I’ll post to ask input soon.

I would like to buy a project but what I’m going to do with three, four, five machines? I think after having more than two I would be an atv hoarder., but I’m slowly getting there.

Happy holidays!

·
Premium Member
6,489 Posts

I’m good for a little while, but there are some on the horizon. My friend’s 2000 Rancher with 10,000 miles needs a rebuilt, his Recon needs a top end job. I need to know why my 420 Rancher AT is not shifting sometimes in ES mode, especially first and second gears, I’ve replaced the angle sensor. I’ll post to ask input soon.

I would like to buy a project but what I’m going to do with three, four, five machines? I think after having more than two I would be an atv hoarder., but I’m slowly getting there.

Happy holidays!
Well if you don't have extra bikes, what do you ride if one breaks down?

And you need different bikes for different tasks. One for work, one for cruising, one for mudding/water riding, one for hunting etc.

Oh, and you need an extra bike or two in case you have friends/family/company come in from out of town and you want to take them riding.

It's not hoarding. You're just being prepared!:icon_censored:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

Happy holidays!
Well if you don't have extra bikes, what do you ride if one breaks down?

And you need different bikes for different tasks. One for work, one for cruising, one for mudding/water riding, one for hunting etc.

Oh, and you need an extra bike or two in case you have friends/family/company come in from out of town and you want to take them riding.

It's not hoarding. You're just being prepared!:icon_censored:
LOL.
Jeep, I wouldn’t mind having five. I have two, recently had 3, but donated a 2005 ReconES to my buddy’s camp. I paid $500 for it, fixed it and donated it the next year. It was up there all year and I was worried about everybody using it, especially first time riders getting hurt on it and the liability that goes along with it so I wrote the title over to him. I do need another one for my daughter she liked the size of the Recon. I’m keeping an eye out for one.

I would also like to have a 450 just for snow plowing, my 420at feels too soft for the task. It’s a great trail machine with independent rear suspension, but just don’t like it as much as the 350 Rancher for plowing. A 450 would be ideal.

The problem of getting more atvs is convincing the wife that I need another machine. Also, friends and coworkers that don’t have atvs look at me like I got three heads when I tell them I got two or three atvs. I always get weird reactions.

·
Premium Member
6,489 Posts
I'm the butt of many jokes.

I have two Jeeps, 3 running 500 Foremans, the wife's Rancher AT, the younger kid's 350 Rancher, 5 300 project bikes (one will be my older kid's), 2 350 Foreman projects with 3 extra parts bikes, an 07 500 project with another for parts, and a 125 for future little Jeeps.

Over Christmas my city slicker brother in law said "You are the least redneck guy she's ever dated, and you have 17 broken down ATV's, two old Jeeps, and a beat up old pickup in the yard" :icon_ rofl:

That said, I always have something I can use if a task needs to be done!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts