Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a quality carb rebuild kit for a 2001 350 Rancher. Recommendations?

I had someone else rebuild all original carb parts two years ago, now leaking gas, and will not idle well and hard starting. He’s does side work at his house, so I’m not really sure what parts are in it now. I only run ethanol free 90 octane in machine, so I feel like last build should have lasted longer, being that original parts last 18 years before they had to be touched.

·
Super Moderator
38,618 Posts
shindy carb kits are the best bang for the buck. a little warning !!!, the trx350 ranchers are one of the worst for leaking fuel past the float needle, many have defective float seats in the carbs, been there, done that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks....is there any tips for getting the leaks fixed? The machine is 20 years old and very well taken care of, I rode it for 18 years with original carb parts and never had a leak until the carb was rebuilt. Now I have gas smells and it’s running worse than it did before I decided to have rebuilt. I will say I got 1 good year after it was rebuilt now it’s worse than it was.
I’ve thought about spending $215 just to buy a new oem carburetor. Should I buy new or spend the money on a rebuilt kit and do it myself?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts