Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2001 Trx 350FM fourtrax
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I just joined the group and this is my first post! I just bought a used hub and it is slightly different than the OEM one. It does have a lip that sits on the brake drum. The overall width is a thinner of a few milimeters. Do you see something wrong using the new hub, exept the fact that the wheel position will be a little bit inward compared to its original positon. Here arw a few pictures of both hubs. To the left the used one I just bought and to the right, the oem one , taller with the seating lip. Thank you all. Notice that it was sold as a 350 hub, maybe an older model? Mine is a rancher 350fm 01

Attachments

· Registered
31 Posts
You definitely have two different hubs there. One is lighter than the other. Is the Honda part numbers visible? I would suggest the lighter one is from a Honda Fourtrax 350d, an 80s version of the Honda. I am no expert.

· Registered
2001 Trx 350FM fourtrax
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You definitely have two different hubs there. One is lighter than the other. Is the Honda part numbers visible? I would suggest the lighter one is from a Honda Fourtrax 350d, an 80s version of the Honda. I am no expert.
I could not see any part number, anyway I returned it to the store, the guy told me, after he noticed the difference, that it would not even work… So I kept the old oem hub for now and I pushed out with a press the drum cover center toward the outside. The cover needed to be reshaped since it was bent. With the middle of the cover beeing more poped out it allows the seal to sit further on the hub so it does not ride in the worn rails. So the big external lip of the seal now rubs on the hub’s shoulder also, witch it was not before. All packed this with some high quality grease. I don’t know if basicaly that seal is meant to be leaning on the hub’s shoulder while spinning, however, I guess it makes sens to seal correctly. This will be their second life untill I take it appart again next year to rebuild the rear diff.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts