Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and thanks for any input!

I bought this ATV about a month ago and it ran great for a day or two and then started having fuel pour out of the line that comes out of the bottom of the carburetor and runs down towards the rear axle. After buying a rebuild kit, I realized it was a cheap knockoff carburetor. I immediately ordered a new OEM carburetor (CARBURETOR ASSY. (VE94A C) 16100-HN5-673).

I put the new carburetor in today and went on 3 short rides, maybe 5 minutes each with zero issues, it ran beautifully. My dad then decided to take it on a short trip that was a rough ride (he went up a small flight of railroad tie stairs at some point), so I know it jostled things around quite a bit, but I guess he was just playing. Definitely seems connected to my issue, but I'm only assuming.

When he parked it after the ride, we noticed fuel pouring steadily out of the tube near the rear axle (not sure what it's called exactly). I turned the fuel petcock off and it did stop the flow.

The gas tank seemed fairly clean and there's an inline fuel filter that's new also before the carburetor. I thought I was ready to rock and roll with a new OEM carburetor, but something is amiss. I did fill the tank up completely with 93 octane.

The only mistake I may have made is I could not figure out where a line went. There are two lines that come off of each side of the carb and they are joined by a splitter into one line. I believe this doesn't connect to anything and is just routed with the rest of the lines underneath the fuel tank? The line I am referring to is number 40 on this page partzilla carb link

Any thoughts on what to do here? Thanks again!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Pretty sure that a bit of grit got into the needle/seat area of the carb (ie. float valve). It's easy to get a leak from something as small as a grain of sand. If it doesn't work its way out, then you can try tapping on the side of the carb to loosen it, or pull the darn thing apart and blow some compressed air in the valve area. Those two lines are for venting and won't cause this issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty sure that a bit of grit got into the needle/seat area of the carb (ie. float valve). It's easy to get a leak from something as small as a grain of sand. If it doesn't work its way out, then you can try tapping on the side of the carb to loosen it, or pull the darn thing apart and blow some compressed air in the valve area. Those two lines are for venting and won't cause this issue.
Thanks for the input! I will give it a long run today and tap on it, hopefully it works itself out!

·
Registered
52 Posts
It wouldn't hurt to turn the petcock off and running it until it dies (or drain the bowl with the screw at the bottom). This will get the float to drop and open the needle as much as possible. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello and thanks for any input!

I bought this ATV about a month ago and it ran great for a day or two and then started having fuel pour out of the line that comes out of the bottom of the carburetor and runs down towards the rear axle. After buying a rebuild kit, I realized it was a cheap knockoff carburetor. I immediately ordered a new OEM carburetor (CARBURETOR ASSY. (VE94A C) 16100-HN5-673).

I put the new carburetor in today and went on 3 short rides, maybe 5 minutes each with zero issues, it ran beautifully. My dad then decided to take it on a short trip that was a rough ride (he went up a small flight of railroad tie stairs at some point), so I know it jostled things around quite a bit, but I guess he was just playing. Definitely seems connected to my issue, but I'm only assuming.

When he parked it after the ride, we noticed fuel pouring steadily out of the tube near the rear axle (not sure what it's called exactly). I turned the fuel petcock off and it did stop the flow.

The gas tank seemed fairly clean and there's an inline fuel filter that's new also before the carburetor. I thought I was ready to rock and roll with a new OEM carburetor, but something is amiss. I did fill the tank up completely with 93 octane.

The only mistake I may have made is I could not figure out where a line went. There are two lines that come off of each side of the carb and they are joined by a splitter into one line. I believe this doesn't connect to anything and is just routed with the rest of the lines underneath the fuel tank? The line I am referring to is number 40 on this page partzilla carb link

Any thoughts on what to do here? Thanks again!
It is two air breather lines that go to the air box some way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts