Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They were put in wrong

Votes: 1 100.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Honda fourtrax 350 foot shift and when I was driving it in the summer it started making noises and started bogging but was still able to drive. Then after driving for a bit more I shut off and didn’t start again.

So I towed it home, took it apart and found out that my piston completely blew up inside my engine. Causing it to beat up my cylinder and I had chunks and shavings in my engine. So I cleaned it out and put on an aftermarket cylinder/piston/rings from NICHE. And ever since I put on the new parts it never stopped smoking even though some friends told me that it’s normal but should stop smoking after it’s been used a bit but now after driving about 20-30 km on it, but it still smokes.

could it be that my valves and valve seal are causing this or maybe my choke.
or is it that the aftermarket parts were garbage since some people say u shouldn’t get aftermarket rnging

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
If valves were hurt than yes it could be a valance problem I’ve used niche brand before never had a issue matter of fact I got a buddy with a 2002 rancher with a niche rebuild kit in it and he’s sunk it twice and it hasn’t started smoking yet and he has to have 80 to 100 hours on it by now

·
Registered
2020 520 rubicon foot shift
424 Posts
Did you take the oil cooler off and flush it out? the metal shavings end up in it and wreck the new top end.
Those ranchers also have issues with the pull start filling up with dirt and the dirt getting sucked into the oil wrecking top ends, that wrecked two top ends on my 01 rancher. This happened so much in the mid 2000's high lifter sold a pull start block off kit for ranchers, they're old and not popular for mudding so you dont hear about it much anymore.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you take the oil cooler off and flush it out? the metal shavings end up in it and wreck the new top end.
Those ranchers also have issues with the pull start filling up with dirt and the dirt getting sucked into the oil wrecking top ends, that wrecked two top ends on my 01 rancher. This happened so much in the mid 2000's high lifter sold a pull start block off kit for ranchers, they're old and not popular for mudding so you dont hear about it much anymore.
No I didn’t flush out my oil cooler but I was just thinking about it and there probably are still some shavings in there, but I do still have compression so I don’t think it wrecked anything yet. But my oil never had any dirt in it so I don’t think that my pull start was letting in any dirt.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thank you for letting me know that the NICHE parts should be good and I checked just recently and I still have compression so I’m thinking that the kit that I bought should be ok. And I’m thinking of buying a new cylinder head kit from NICHE.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts