Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have a 2001 250ex and I was wondering what kind of rear tires I should put in it and what size, the stock size is 22x10x9 should I go with a 20x11x9. Right now it has the original balloony ones on it.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Just depends on what type of riding you are doing as to what size tires you use, if trail riding stay with the stock size if Mxing you will want 20,s on the front and 18's on the rear.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Agree^^^ I'm running 19-10X9 ITP Holeshots on the rear right now but I'm stepping up to a 20-11X9 maxxis Razor the ITPs are good but The side bite is a b if your not used to all that traction..LOL

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
depanding on your riding style for trails I run about 4 to 6 I don't race so mine stay around that psi. these other guys may have a different pressure they use for MXing

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
My buddies GF has a 250ex and he put 20x11x9 on it and it handles alot better. She trailrides it.
Hey, I have a 2001 250ex and I was wondering what kind of rear tires I should put in it and what size, the stock size is 22x10x9 should I go with a 20x11x9. Right now it has the original balloony ones on it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
all trail riding ( rocky terrain ) here but I went to 23x8x11 on the front and 22x11x9 on the rear and it handles sooooooo much better!!
just my experience but your mileage may vary!!

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
all trail riding ( rocky terrain ) here but I went to 23x8x11 on the front and 22x11x9 on the rear and it handles sooooooo much better!!
just my experience but your mileage may vary!!
That is a very good setup for rocky conditions... a lot of desert racers run that too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does it make a change in the looks if you downsize to a 20 rather then the stock 22s? Im looking at maxxis razrs and they dont make a 22x10x9 stock tire size for a 250ex(correct me if im wrong)

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
No it would look fine.The reason they are a smaller size is that the stock tires are like baloons while the maxis are flat across for more traction and stability.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
The 20" rear and 21" front is the best all around setup you can ask for. The 22" tires tend to give a tippy feeling through turns, plus there is more sidewall to collapse on itself through turns. The 20's will lower your center of gravitiy plus give you a bit better acceleration.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts