Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
His guys i just wanted to post my Fourtrax from the day i got it until today;
I have put in a lot of work and cant wait for the damn snow to melt so i can ride !

So far this is the work i have put in:

Straighten the rear rack
Wire brushed down all racks and repainted them , including the front bumper
Redid all the carb with carb kit
Installed 26 inch on 12inch rims
Installed 2 in lift,
installed LED in front grill and LED in OEM Headlight assy.
Changed brakes , brake cables
Changed the oil

And im currently working on a snorkel, picked up all necessary parts for it...
I have had lots of time working on it since we got 2 big snow storms in the past two weeks , usually at this time of the year we can ride but not this year

So here it is :

Pictures have the day in the name : 20170209 .. 9 Feb 2017

https://postimg.org/gallery/2gz0anm2c/

Thank you for your feedbacks !

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

14,000kms on it. Pictures don't show the fact that it needs ball joints, wheel bearings, tie rods ends, rear wheel bearings, brake shoes, 2 front axles, a new CDI, a carb rebuild, and probably a top end rebuild lol Tires are starting to reach the end of their life as well.
Lol , Lot of work to do on it ... still it looks good i like that the body isnt all beat up , i have 15 650 Kms on mine , runs like a charm ! I wish i had the green body like yours ... i dont mind red but its not my favorite color .. I looked everywhere for body kits, most i find are super expensive , i know they would since its an older model , but i didnt think they would have been that expensive !

·
Registered
7,154 Posts

14,000kms on it. Pictures don't show the fact that it needs ball joints, wheel bearings, tie rods ends, rear wheel bearings, brake shoes, 2 front axles, a new CDI, a carb rebuild, and probably a top end rebuild lol Tires are starting to reach the end of their life as well.
Lol , Lot of work to do on it ... still it looks good i like that the body isnt all beat up , i have 15 650 Kms on mine , runs like a charm ! I wish i had the green body like yours ... i dont mind red but its not my favorite color .. I looked everywhere for body kits, most i find are super expensive , i know they would since its an older model , but i didnt think they would have been that expensive !
Yeah I like the green better too. Everybody has red, I've had a few of them myself and just got tired of the same colour lol. We bought that 350 new in september 2000, so I can't really blame anybody else for the abuse it's been given haha.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hahaha . im thinking of buying new too , maybe this fall or something .. as i have other plans til then but i think im gonna go with a foreman 500 or a Rancher 420 , not sure yet but i know it wont be red hahah

·
Registered
264 Posts
Virus, if you were closer to me I'd swap your red plastics for my green. I don't mind the green, but I prefer the look of the red.

Where did you find LEDs for the stock headlights?

Here's my 2000 4x4:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Canadianvirus,

Does your 01 Rancher have brake lights?

Just wondering if you ride on the official trails in Quebec.
Yes it does .. its on the black compartement in the back ... and yes i do ride on trails

Virus, if you were closer to me I'd swap your red plastics for my green. I don't mind the green, but I prefer the look of the red.

Where did you find LEDs for the stock headlights?

Here's my 2000 4x4:
Where are you located ? Id love to swap

I used 15w Eagle eyes with the treaded ends , two big washers , i removed the stock bulb and inserted the first washer and then the eagle eye .. second washer to make a stopper to keep the bulb from moving i tighten everything up and wired it on the stock harness .. so i comes on like it should and the actual bar i did the same for wiring .. i bought a second one its a 7inch led bar and its gonna go in the other slot on top

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'm in New London, Wisconsin. A bit of a drive to Canada no matter which way you go.

Sent from my LGUS992 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good lookin units--nice work CV! I see you and I have to figure out how to protect our lighting harnesses.
Did I just see a need to start an Original Rancher thread?
Thank you , actually i cut off the plus and wired in the led and then put the black lid back on after i taped uo everytjing with lots of electrical tape... maybe you shoulf start one :)

I'm in New London, Wisconsin. A bit of a drive to Canada no matter which way you go.

Sent from my LGUS992 using Tapatalk
Haha yeah i know thats a long drive either way haha man i wish i was closet i would have traded in a heartbeat ...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.